Thursday, March 29, 2007

Colorado School Administrator Teaches Her Kids at Home

“Schools can cripple kids if it’s not preparing them for the real world.”

Even though I worked thirteen years in the public school system as administrator, counselor, and teacher, I decided to quit my job to teach my kids at home. I saw how the government school system was not preparing many kids well for the real world and wanted something better for my own children. I wanted them to have the freedom to develop their own unique genius.

Apparently, I have a lot of company. According to a Washington Times national survey,
up to 41% of public school teachers pull their own children out of government schools.

My children are now young adults and close friends as a result of their time together at home. My two sons were accepted to all the United States military academies and both graduated from the Air Force Academy. My daughter received a Master’s degree in Quantitative Analysis while her younger sister graduated from law school at age 22.

The drop-out rate in our schools continues to skyrocket. Many kids don’t see how school relates to the real world and “check out.” Financial literacy is one critical element that schools rarely touch but that kids desperately need. Without it, many children are crippled as they enter the real world of business and money.

Last year I left my position as high school administrator and moved from the mountains of Colorado to the desert of Arizona to join a progressive company called Rich Dad. Together we empower home schoolers and people around the world with the truths of how they can become financially free.

No comments:

2007 RICHDAD'S HOMESCHOOL