Monday, September 10, 2007

First Day of School

Two weeks ago school began in our area. While their neighborhood friends sat in classrooms writing essays on what they did over the summer, my two oldest children sat in small sailboats on the Bay, practicing their newly acquired sailing skills. It was a glorious morning. The sun was shining, the air was warm and the wind was perfect for a morning of sailing. As my daughter and son maneuvered their boats so far out that I needed binoculars to see them, I smiled. The experience reinforced my decision to homeschool. Learning to write an essay is important, but how much more important is it to instill self-confidence into your child? To actually feel the forces of nature as opposed to reading about them? Homeschooling. It's not for everyone but for our family it was the right choice.

No comments:

2007 RICHDAD'S HOMESCHOOL